Israil Madrimov Film Study || BRENDAN DORMAN
Israil ‘The Dream’ Madrimov, the highly-touted, 25-year-old prospect does his dancing (for now) in the Light-Middleweight (154 lbs) division. Though he reportedly walks around close to that weight. As an amateur representing Uzbekistan, he won a silver medal in the welterweight division at the 2014 Asian Games. And gold in the middleweight division in 2018.
After seeing his past few fights, I was enamored and had to cover this young man in some capacity. He’s an interesting case study in what once was called (and it’s stereotyping, admittedly) “Russian-style” boxing. But now is more commonly referred to as Cuban-style. It’s worth noting that Soviet coach, Andrei Chervorenko, played a large part in the development of Cuban boxing.
I was astonished that his Wikipedia page lists him as an orthodox (right-handed) fighter. When I had recalled him mostly fighting from southpaw and switching TO orthodox. Madrimov, like Bud Crawford, is a true “switch-hitter” and perhaps has some of the most dynamic footwork I’ve ever seen. So while often compared to GGG due to Geography and a likeness in the face. His style is uniquely his own, and worth breaking down. Without further ado.
- Israil Madrimov training for speed and technique in Cuba, 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIIS9H5y0Ig
- Israil Madrimov “The Dream” Looking IMPRESSIVE hitting Mitts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FsE4MR-xxA
- Israil Madrimov – Future Champ (Highlights / Knockouts) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV8ENUNNUWY
- NBA Greatest Euro-Step Moves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tICTvai3jPI
- [No Copyright Music] Chill Relaxing LoFi HipHop Music (No Copyright) Music by: KaizanBlu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sFVeqvJu-0
#israil #madrimov #boxing
The 413 Striking Index: https://youtu.be/je6I1RbhTy8
You can all help a lot with very little at my new Patreon page:
Also, check out my new merch…..YouTube made me do it……. 😉
Martial Arts since single digits, traditional martial arts victim turned advocate. I’ve trained with and learned from some of the best in the world, including Master Renzo Gracie, John Danaher, Ajarn Phil Nurse, and Henri Hooft…now it’s my turn to share back. Just a humble and strikingly beautiful man, well maybe not all that humble 🙂