Demian Maia vs. Gunni Nelson || Prophylaxis: MMA Jiu Jitsu & Chess. Prophylaxis is a term in chess introduced by the grandmaster Aaron Nimzovich in his book “My System” in the 1920s. The term refers to actions taken by a player to anticipate and thwart the opponent’s plans, and moves of these type are often called prophylactic moves. Prophylactic moves prevent the opponent from taking action somewhere on the board. The key is prevention, and in Jiu-Jitsu it would best translate into defensive IQ.
It is common for Jiu Jitsu practitioners of all levels to see and reference the arts similarities to the historic game of wits, “chess-like” is the way etc.. Here, with some tongue in cheek chess references, I will show a very interesting game of chess between two masters in their prime.
Enjoy all, much love. Cheers.
- [No Copyright Music] Cosmic Storm – A Himitsu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4wXUdhNxZk
- [No Copyright Music] Journey – Jay Hifive & Broken Elegance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtyZDU6WZQ
- [No Copyright Music] Don’t Stop (Ft. Koda) – VENDETTΛ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APuBDpMRR4o
- Çukur / Hole / Cinematic Action / Trailer Music / Royalty Free https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zmyTM43Z4M
- Galactic eye – Lion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJy7nYZTvM